- v cause to be firmly attached
fasten the lock onto the door
- v become fixed or fastened
This dress fastens in the back
- v attach to
They fastened various nicknames to each other
- v make tight or tighter
- Quietly, two stewardesses and a purser went to work, pointed out the escape hatches, explained the ditching procedure (fasten safety belts securely, rest head on pillow on the .
- Next time he will use bigger wings, fasten a tank of smoke-producing chemicals to one leg so spectators can follow his course.
- fasten your seat belt streaming through clubland happy returns you're the one that i want it could be verse ready to wear? too true to be good farewell, fishtails.
News & Articles
- Gogo's Problem: Inflight Wi-Fi Is Expensive, and No One Uses It
Fasten your seatbelts. The public offering for Gogo ( GOGO ) , the largest U.S. provider of inflight Wi-Fi, is giving investors a chance to prepare for plenty of turbulence (and aviation clichés) as its business faces an array of punishing headwinds.
June 24, 2013 - BusinessWeek
- Analysis: After The Fed Shock, Markets Set For More Turmoil
Fasten your seatbelts. And expect lots of turbulence. If that was the message Ben Bernanke was trying to deliver when he said the Federal Reserve could soon start scaling back its massive stimulus program for the U.S. economy, it's safe to say investors received it loud and clear.
June 24, 2013 - Banker & Tradesman
- Matt’s Favorites: Facebook Bug Exposes Info, Flying Observatory, Model Rockets And More
So what's the latest, greatest, and absogalooly fantastickest among the Interetubes? Fasten your safety harness, kids, and let's get going...
June 23, 2013 - CBS Detroit
- Francois Fillon in Forbes
Fasten your seatbelts,Prime Minister Francois Fillon told members of the ruling conservative party UMP last week.
- Bette Davis in Money Morning
(What she actually said was, "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night."
- Richard Widmark in TeleText
Movie audiences fasten on to one aspect of the actor, they decide what they want you to be,Widmark said. "They think you're playing yourself."