- v march aggressively into another's territory by military force for the purposes of conquest and occupation
Hitler invaded Poland on September 1, 1939
- v to intrude upon, infringe, encroach on, violate
This new colleague invades my territory
- v occupy in large numbers or live on a host
- v penetrate or assault, in a harmful or injurious way
The cancer had invaded her lungs
- But I now regret that I did not more openly challenge those who were determined to invade a country whose actions were peripheral to the real threat--al-Qaeda.
- Will Khomeini invade Iraq in order to topple Saddam Hussein ?A mood of jubilation prevailed in the Hosseynieh mosque, adjacent to Ayatullah Ruhollah.
- About the Closing Ceremony I had three thoughts: 1), Cheesiness with a zillion dollars behind it can be vastly entertaining, 2), this must be the weirdest parade to invade a .
News & Articles
- Giant mosquitoes expected to invade Fla.
Summers in Florida means beach trips, barbecues and bug bites. However, this year, giant mosquitoes are expected to invade. Biologists at Florida State University say mosquitoes 20 times the normal size are set to plague Florida, and have already been spotted in Seminole County. The insects, called gallinippers, don't carry diseases, but they feed all day rather than just at dawn and dusk. A ...
June 12, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Law aims at squatters but harms renters and landlords | Opinion
Pembroke Pines city leaders want to go after squatters who invade abandoned homes, but a new law brings a lot of pain to other folks.
June 12, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Don’t Let Carpenter Ants Spoil Your Summer: Expert Tips for Avoiding America’s #1 Pest
They’re big, they’re nocturnal, and they invade North American homes each spring, summer, and fall. They are Carpenter ants. North America’s number one structure-invading ant! While Carpenter ants are annoying and can damage our structures, they pose no common threat to human health.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in CBS News
I have some news for John McCain,Obama said. "There was no such thing as al Qaeda in Iraq until George Bush and John McCain decided to invade Iraq."
- Jay Rockefeller in USA Today
Instead, "President Bush chose to invade Iraq, thereby diverting our military and intelligence resources away from the real war on terrorism," Rockefeller said. "Threats to the United States homeland are not emanating from Iraq. They are...