- n a preliminary sculpture in wax or clay from which a finished work can be copied
- n the act of representing something (usually on a smaller scale)
- v plan or create according to a model or models
- v form in clay, wax, etc
- v assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- v display (clothes) as a mannequin
- v create a representation or model of
- v construct a model of
- The distorted drawing and crude modelling is the result of artistic conviction, rather than inability to draw or chisel.
- An old hand at modelling, he once got a trip to Europe for making a miniature airplane.
- Disgusted with modelling, Nicole, abetted by an ex-chorus girl (Helen Broderick) and a parsimonious headwaiter (Mischa Auer), next risks the headwaiter's savings on a frantic .
News & Articles
- Using math to kill cancer cells
Scientists have outlined how advanced mathematical modelling can be used in the fight against cancer. The technique predicts how different treatments and genetic modifications might allow cancer-killing, oncolytic viruses to overcome the natural defences that cancer cells use to stave off viral infection.
June 14, 2013 - Science Daily
- NSA Leaker Snowden is 'Handsome' Hero in China
NSA leaker Edward Snowden has reached hero status for many Chinese internet users. His Chinese fans on Sina Weibo, China’s version of Twitter, have posted Snowden’s old modelling photos and “Snowden Handsome” is the first result to come back when his last name is entered...
June 14, 2013 - ABC News via Yahoo! News
- Research and Markets: Interest Rate Modelling after the Financial Crisis
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Interest Rate Modelling after the Financial Crisis" book t
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Jerry Patterson in Belfast Telegraph
We've said since day one that if and when we have an impact from Deepwater Horizon, it would be in the form of tar balls,Texas land commissioner Jerry Patterson said. "This shows that our modelling is accurate. Any Texas shores impacted by...
- Kate Ellis in Sydney Morning Herald
Youth Minister Kate Ellis says the symbol will "empower consumers to tell the fashion, beauty, media and modelling industries what they want and provide greater choice".
- Michael Daley in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Daley said the 18-minute figure came "from a combination of contracted surveyors sitting on buses to get actual travel times and RTA computer modelling".