- n a perceptual structure
a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them
- n a customary way of operation or behavior
they changed their dietary pattern
- n a decorative or artistic work
- n something regarded as a normative example
- n a model considered worthy of imitation
the American constitution has provided a pattern for many republics
- n something intended as a guide for making something else
a pattern for a skirt
- n the path that is prescribed for an airplane that is preparing to land at an airport
the traffic patterns around O'Hare are very crowded
they stayed in the pattern until the fog lifted
- n graphical representation (in polar or Cartesian coordinates) of the spatial distribution of radiation from an antenna as a function of angle
- v plan or create according to a model or models
- v form a pattern
These sentences pattern like the ones we studied before
- THE events in Uruguay are an ugly example of a rising pattern of kidnapings and killings that plague Latin America.
- More than the patterns have changed at Rosenthal.
- No one knows whether it was Ebenezer Butterick or his smart wife Ellen who invented the standardized paper pattern for clothes.
News & Articles
- Pattern of abuse uncovered in Sudan
LONDON, June 11 (UPI) -- Indiscriminate bombings of civilian-populated areas in areas of Sudan are part of a familiar pattern of abuse, Amnesty International said.
June 11, 2013 - UPI
- Midwest eyeing weather pattern that could spawn severe windstorms across metro areas
MILWAUKEE — The National Weather Service was tracking a so-called derecho weather pattern in the Midwest on Tuesday that could spawn severe windstorms in major metropolitan areas with gusts as strong as 100 mph.
June 11, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Derecho Weather Pattern Could Mean Severe Weather
The National Weather Service was tracking a so-called derecho weather pattern in the Midwest on Tuesday that could spawn severe windstorms in major metropolitan areas with gusts as strong as 100 mph.
June 11, 2013 - CBS Pittsburgh