- n a salt deposit that animals regularly lick
- n touching with the tongue
- n (boxing) a blow with the fist
- v beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight
We licked the other team on Sunday!
- v pass the tongue over
the dog licked her hand
- v find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of
- v take up with the tongue
the cub licked the milk from its mother's breast
- Of course we can lick unemployment! There's no reason to put up with recessions and depressions! The "economic problem is not if we look into the future the permanent .
- When finished, she pleads with Takuya to lick her top-to-bottom.
- Because at the end of the day, moviegoer, there's no problem man's best friend can't lick.
News & Articles
- Red Lick council to talk finances
RED LICK, Texas—Financial discussions will take center stage at the Red Lick City Council meeting at 6:30 p.m. tonight. City aldermen will listen to the city’s annual municipal audit for last year, delivered by the Texarkana, Texas-based Wilf and Henderson acc...
June 13, 2013 - Texarkana Gazette
- Lick My Legs S/S ’13 Swimwear look book
Posted in Fashion / Fashion blog / Fashion pictures / Look books Lick My Legs’ spring / summer 2013 swimwear collection has been previewed and Fashionising.com has each of the key looks for you. Article continues . To read it in full visit ' Lick My Legs S/S ’13 Swimwear look book ' at Fashionising.com » Picture gallery Tagged:
June 11, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Elm Lick is newest addition to Bernheim's wooded trails
A morning breeze swept through a wooded section of Bernheim Forest, and the ribbon that was about to be cut to herald the new Elm Lick Trail fluttered one final time.
June 11, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal
- Brad Childress in ESPN
I told him go home and lick your wounds and I'll do the same and we'll catch up down the road,Childress said. "Nobody wants to be rash about any decision-making, I'm sure, right now."
- Joe Torre in 940 News
Let's just get over it and lick our wounds and then we'll figure it out,New York manager Joe Torre said.
- Ted Nolan in ESPN
We know we can play a lot better,Islanders coach Ted Nolan said. "We'll lick our wounds and get ready for the rematch."