- n a long loud emotional utterance
their howling had no effect
- v emit long loud cries
- v cry loudly, as of animals
The coyotes were howling in the desert
- v make a loud noise, as of wind, water, or vehicles
The wind was howling in the trees
- v laugh unrestrainedly and heartily
- s extraordinarily good or great; used especially as intensifiers
a howling success
- Says Charles Rosenberg, a stockbroker in suburban Sherman Oaks: "At 10:30 at night, it is always the same thing: the howling begins, then the bloodcurdling screams, then silence.
- One man, trying to escape from his burning car, was thrown back into it by a howling mob, and died.
- The dregs of the prison's life were still howling disconsolately among the debris of their possessions when the raiders turned their attention to the prison's hierarchy.
News & Articles
- Full moon activities at SWCC
Visitors to Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center can see and hear wolves howling, coyotes yipping, racoons frolicking and owls hooting under a full moon Saturday, June 22.
June 20, 2013 - The Fountain Hills Times
- Mystery on Venus: 'Super-Hurricane' Force Winds Inexplicably Get Stronger
The howling, hurricane-force winds of Venus are blowing even faster lately, and scientists aren't sure why.
June 19, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- The Howling, Safety Last!, Richard Pryor box set among new home entertainment titles
This week's reviews of what's new on Blu-ray and DVD by Matt Brunson (View From The Couch is a weekly column that reviews what's new on Blu-ray and DVD.) THE HOWLING (1981).… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 18, 2013 - Creative Loafing Charlotte
- Jack Nicklaus in The Associated Press
The shot I performed, I don't think I could ever do again,Nicklaus said this week at a clinic for wounded veterans in Washington state. "I had a shot where the wind was howling from left to right and into my face. I didn't know if I could...
- Lisa Marie Presley in Reuters Canada
Once they got a glimpse of my expanding physique a few days ago, they have been like a pack of coyotes circling their prey whilst eerily howling with delight,Presley, 40, wrote on her blog at MySpace.com.