- n a cry of sorrow and grief
- v emit long loud cries
wail in self-pity
- v cry weakly or softly
she wailed with pain
- In recent years, with her girly, high-pitched delivery ripened into a strong-woman wail, Fassie has entered a new phase of her career.
- It starts with a sweet little wail about how a woman has changed to be no good.
- He would not sing a praise song on the nation's birthday, because "above your national, tumultuous joy," he said, "I hear the mournful wail of millions!".
News & Articles
- Classic cars cruise Cd'A
The blast of horns. The wail of sirens. The growl of the engines.
June 15, 2013 - Coeur d'Alene Press
- 'The Newsroom' Season 1 on home video
Aaron Sorkin's "The Newsroom" is a by-liberals-for-liberals shindig. But the left need not weep, wail or gnash its teeth in guilt.
June 14, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- London rock: Trio brings neo-British invasion to Riverbend (June 14)
Even if you couldn't tell from how easily his voice slips into an upper-register wail from a basement growl, you could see the musical DNA of Leogun frontman Tommy Smith in every curly blond lock falling oh-so-very-Robert Plant-like from his head.
June 13, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- JB Holmes in The Associated Press
This golf course sets up where you can challenge a few shots and go ahead and wail away with your driver,Holmes said. "The PGA Tour takes the driver out of your hands quite a bit on a lot of courses. It was fun to be able to come out here...
- George Wein in FOXNews
I enjoy a festival but there's still nothing like playing with musicians that you develop a family relationship,said Wein. "I got to keep on my toes to play with these kids because they want to wail when they go up there. ...... and...
- Dale Earnhardt in Anniston Star (subscription)
It ain't cool at all,Earnhardt said. "Go out in the parking lot and wail a couple beers at your car. Don't throw them at my car or anybody else's, for that matter." "If a full beer can doesn't make it on the track, hits somebody in...