- n (United Kingdom) a written statement of the grounds of complaint made to court of law asking for the grievance to be redressed
- n a cry of sorrow and grief
- Of New York Mayor John Lindsay's plaint that his is the second toughest job in the world, Reagan said that it probably was"the way he does it.
- The old cowboys' plaint, "Don't fence me in," is fast giving way to the environmentalists' plea, "Please fence them out.
- It's an age-old artist's plaint, but you may wonder how much of a surprise it could have been, given how he came to be here: doing a sound check for a Manhattan party for teen .
News & Articles
- Sissonville residents sue Columbia Gas, NiSource over blast
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Ten Sissonville residents affected by a massive natural gas explosion last December have sued Columbia Gas Transmission Co. and its parent company, NiSource. Also named as defendants are four employees of those companies. The plaint...
July 31, 2013 - Charleston Daily Mail