- s extraordinarily good or great; used especially as intensifiers
- r (used as an intensifier) extremely well
the colors changed wondrously slowly
- Aircraft designers had a wondrous week: In El Segundo, Calif.
- Often taunted by their peers, hounded by the press, prodded by demanding parents and haunted by outsize expectations of greatness, they are treated as wondrous curiosities.
- Alice Munro spins tales that show us, again and again, and with wondrous grace, how much can be done in a simple short story.
News & Articles
- Review: Pixar gives life to solid 'Monsters' prequel
College is a wondrous and challenging time between adolescence and adulthood where horizons are expanded, worldviews are shattered and lifelong friendships are made. It can also be a little sc…
June 21, 2013 - Suburban Journals
- ORRIN MORRIS: Tuliptree one of the most important of Southern hardwoods
The ancient poet/singer who wrote Psalm 145:5 sets an appropriate example for us to praise God for His loving gifts. It reads, "I will speak of the glorious honor of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works" (Psalm 145:5 ).. Truly, our wild flower for today fits the category of
June 21, 2013 - Newton Citizen
- Raising our glasses of milk to National Dairy Month
The Dairy Council of California recently published an infographic called “Wondrous Secrets of Milk” to reveal hidden benefits of dairy products, and it’s no surprise to us that dairy has great effects on our bodies.
June 20, 2013 - Dairy Herd
- Elena Kagan in Wall Street Journal (blog)
The Supreme Court is a wondrous institution. But the time I spent in the other branches of government remind me that it must also be a modest one - properly deferential to the decisions of the American people and their elected representatives,...
- Sydney Schanberg in 940 News
That was the phrase he used from the very first day, during our wondrous reunion in the refugee camp,Schanberg said later.
- Alan Greenspan in MLive.com
Former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan warned that the Fed's actions could be viewed "as a wondrous new font of seemingly costless federal funding - a magical piggy bank," making such comments in a new epilogue to the paperback edition of his...