marvellous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s extraordinarily good or great; used especially as intensifiers
- s being or having the character of a miracle
- s too improbable to admit of belief
- She is the most marvellous thing I've found.
- Jesus it's marvellous to tell other people how to write, live, die etc.
- Pondering the tragedy, William Wordsworth labeled him "the marvellous boy," and Samuel Johnson burbled, "It is wonderful how the whelp has written such things.
News & Articles
- Chelsea Transfers: Tactical Implications of the Blues Signing Thiago Alcantara
He's wowed the coaching staff at Barcelona for what seems to be a long time, and after a superb showing at the European Under-21 Championships in Israel, Thiago Alcantara is a wanted man. The 22-year-old silenced critics who labelled the midfielder as a luxury player with some stunning displays, and he scored a marvellous hat-trick in the 4-2 victory over Italy in the final. It appears that ...
June 21, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Fiorentina Summer Transfers: 5 Potential Arrivals to Make Them Stronger
Fiorentina fell painfully close in their pursuit of a Champions League place with Milan denying them with just minutes before the end of the season. The Viola overachieved to an extent and Vincenzo Montella did a marvellous job in his first season in charge after the Florentine club struggled to avoid relegation just over a year ago. The potential of the club is huge though and even the sale of ...
June 19, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Vicente del Bosque in The Press Association
He added: "In my time a Spanish side never felt so uncomfortable or passed the ball so inaccurately. But now it's an absolutely marvellous moment for Spanish football and our game is at the very top."
- Sir Alex Ferguson in Market Rasen Today
It is a marvellous record, I cannot dispute that. We are proud of it,said Ferguson.
- Sol Campbell in The Guardian
There are still a few technicalities to iron out, but I have signed for Arsenal until the end of the season, and it's fantastic, great, marvellous. The old enthusiasm is back,said Campbell.