- v crowd or draw together
- v crouch or curl up
They huddled outside in the rain
- s crowded or massed together
give me...your huddled masses
the huddled sheep turned their backs against the wind
- He huddled over it with his wife and five-year-old daughter.
- With all this stuff piling up and never quite getting put away, we're no longer huddled masses yearning to breathe free; we're huddled masses yearning to free up space on a .
- That they huddled is no surprise, since roaches like to gather in crowds.
News & Articles
- Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:00 pm
Family and friends huddled in the rain Wednesday evening at the corner of State Street and East Grand Avenue as they mourned the loss of Darrius Lowery-Baptiste, who died Tuesday in a police-involved shooting.
June 13, 2013 - Beloit Daily News
- Thai Muslims debate their future as peace talks raise hope
By Amy Sawitta Lefevre PATTANI, Thailand (Reuters) - Huddled in a room on the periphery of a university campus in the southern Thai province of Pattani, Muslim students debate ideas that have long been considered inflammatory or even treasonous. An insurgency by shadowy Muslim fighters in predominantly Buddhist Thailand's three southernmost provinces has claimed 5,700 lives since 2004. ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Man rescued after spending night lost in Pr. George’s County woods
The 63-year-old man huddled under a fallen tree for shelter, officials said. He was in fair condition Tuesday.
June 11, 2013 - Washington Post
- Lee Unkrich in Naples Daily News
We hadn't seen them in years, so we all huddled around a laptop. We didn't even have a TV,Unkrich said. "We watched the movies and really, really enjoyed them. And when they were over, we were thoroughly depressed, because we thought,...
- Charles Woodson in Rocky Mountain News
I told the guys when we huddled up as DBs that, 'Don't be afraid of success. We've got the potential to do something great, to go down in the history books, let's go out and grab it,'Woodson said. "We've got the record, now let's build on...
- Emma Lazarus in Arab American News
Emma Lazarus wrote in 1886 speaking on behalf of the Statue of Liberty, "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-lost to me. I lift my...