- v crouch or curl up
- v show submission or fear
- The predicted earthquake did not come in the city, but it's five million people cowered under furniture anyway.
- The president declared that he will not be silent or cower to threats on the issue of separation of the country.
- While our military patrols the world, our embassies increasingly cower behind barbed wire, disconnected from the societies they need to understand and help.
News & Articles
- Keep your pets safe from July 4 scares
LOS ANGELES — Dogs have more sensitive ears than humans do and while some dogs don't appear to mind the noise, others will bark, whine, howl, hide, cower or run into furniture and walls.
July 4, 2013 - Asbury Park Press
- John Edwards in Forbes
We've been confronted with these kind of traumas and struggles already in our life,Edwards said. "When this happens you have a choice - you can go and cower in the corner or you can go out there and be tough."
- Brian Dawkins in Reading Eagle
You can do a couple of things once you're challenged,said Dawkins. "You can agree with those people, cower down and not step up, or you can step up to meet the challenge head on, and I think he did that. Any time you challenge a player of...