- v show submission or fear
- The American President cannot, should not, must not grovel.
- If I thought that a major grovel might help get real European assistance for Iraqi reconstruction, I might favor a little false humility.
- When, with boiling anger, the General sputtered in Peiping at a local Chinese commander, hurling threats which would ordinarily have made him grovel, Chinese General Hsiao .
News & Articles
- Oh my! Gator football prices too high
If you thought it was below Jeremy Foley to grovel, think again, Gator Nation.
Aug. 12, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel
The year is 2154. A middle class is a thing of the past; all that remain on earth are fascist robots and the poor and disenfranchised, left behind to grovel in the war-ravaged remains.
Aug. 9, 2013 - San Diego Reader
- Alexander Downer in Sydney Morning Herald
What do you expect them to do - fall on the ground and grovel, eat dirt? I mean, get real,Mr Downer told reporters. "This is a quite common situation where the police conducted an investigation."
- Liz McManus in FOXNews
We had a situation where the national broadcaster had to grovel _said Liz McManus, communications spokeswoman for the Labour Party, before O'Donoghue cut her off. "The public interest will not be served by a national broadcaster bowing to...
- HG Bissinger in Memphis Commercial Appeal
I'm disappointed because I think he's handled this terribly,said Buzz Bissinger, who co-authored James' 2009 biography, "Shooting Stars," with James. "I hate the idea that he is the king and that all these grown men have had to go grovel...