- n the dressed skin of an animal (especially a large animal)
- n body covering of a living animal
- v prevent from being seen or discovered
Muslim women hide their faces
hide the money
- v be or go into hiding; keep out of sight, as for protection and safety
- v cover as if with a shroud
- v make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing
- Running the wires to the back threatens more of an eyesore: if you can't hide them under the carpet or inside the walls, you could end up with two long wires down either side of .
- It's a good spot to hide from the authorities, if you have reason to be on the run which may be how Omar al-Faruq, a 31-year-old drifter from Kuwait, ended up living there, in .
- To Manhattan last week came a Hide Exchange, the only Hide Exchange in the world.
News & Articles
- Utah AG Swallow: 'I don't have anything to hide'
Utah's embattled Attorney General John Swallow says he has nothing to hide and is pushing back after the governor said Tuesday that he'd fire Swallow.
June 12, 2013 - Provo Daily Herald
- Utah Attorney General Swallow: "I Have Nothing to Hide"
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) â Utah's embattled Attorney General John Swallow says he has nothing to hide and is pushing back after the governor said Tuesday that he'd fire Swallow. Swallow gave a wide-ranging 23-minute interview Wednesday morning on where Swallow said he's being tried in the media and will be exonerated when all investigations of him are complete. ...
June 12, 2013 - KUTV Salt Lake City
- 'The school started coming apart': Trapped students had nowhere to hide
When the sirens began blaring and teachers at Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, Okla., heard that a monstrous tornado was roaring toward their 57-year-old school and its youngest students, there was nowhere to hide.They crouched in hallways and bathrooms, waiting, hoping and praying. Then "the school started coming apart," one neighbor who sought shelter at the school told the Associated ...
June 12, 2013 - MSNBC
- Carl Icahn in Toronto Star
It is irresponsible to hide behind management's more than overly optimistic financial forecasts,Icahn wrote. "It is unconscionable that you have not allowed your shareholders to choose to accept an offer that represented a 72 per cent...
- Ron Washington in USA Today
I made a grave mistake,said Washington, who offered his resignation last July. "I brought shame to my family. I hurt a lot of people. I hurt myself. If I could take it back, I would. It's embarrassing. But I'm not going to hide. I'm going...
- Paul Byrd in FOXNews
I have nothing to hide,Byrd said about two hours before his team's biggest game against the Boston Red Sox. "Everything has been done out in the open. I have a reputation. I speak to kids, I speak to churches. I do not want the fans of...