- n the activity of keeping something secret
- n the state of being hidden
he went into hiding
- v prevent from being seen or discovered
- v be or go into hiding; keep out of sight, as for protection and safety
Probably his horse would be close to where he was hiding
She is hiding out in a cabin in Montana
- v cover as if with a shroud
- v make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing
- A page from the diary of Anne Frank, circa 1944, showing a photo of her father, Otto Frank, who survived three years of hiding in Amsterdam and his deportation to Auschwitz .
- He would be positively identified by one of his intended targets, Corazon Amurao, who survived the attack by hiding under a bed.
- But the mystery has been how to eliminate the virus while it's hiding, before it produces unsightly symptoms.
News & Articles
- In New Interview, NSA Leaker Edward Snowden Says He Is Not Hiding From Justice in Hong Kong
In new interview, NSA leaker Edward Snowden says he is not hiding from justice in Hong Kong
June 12, 2013 - ABC News
- NSA leaker Snowden in hiding in Hong Kong
HONG KONG — The former CIA employee who suddenly burst into headlines around the globe by revealing himself as the source of top-secret leaks about U.S. surveillance programs has just as quickly gone to ground again. Two days after Edward Snowden checked out of a Hong Kong hotel where he told the Guardian newspaper that he had "no intention of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing ...
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- US leaker Snowden faces hard choices while hiding
HONG KONG (AP) — Edward Snowden, the former CIA employee who leaked top-secret documents about U.S. surveillance programs, has few options to stay one step ahead of the authorities while in apparent hiding.
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Helen Mirren in AFP
Mirren said she used to take "a bit of cocaine. I loved coke. I never did a lot, just a little bit at parties. But what ended it for me was when they caught Klaus Barbie, the Butcher of Lyon, in the early eighties. He was hiding in South America and...
- James Carville in Times Online
James Carville, Bill Clinton's campaign strategist, said: "If this party has a message it's done a heck of a job hiding it."
- Ehud Olmert in ABC News
Hamas was hit hard, in its military arms and in its government institutions. Its leaders are in hiding and many of its men have been killed,Olmert said.