- n a line that suspends the harness from the canopy of a parachute
- n (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
- n burial garment in which a corpse is wrapped
- v cover as if with a shroud
The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery
- v form a cover like a shroud
Mist shrouded the castle
- v wrap in a shroud
shroud the corpses
- The shroud's pattern shows trickles of blood from the wrists at angles of both 65 and go degrees a fact which could be explained by such writhing, but which a forger would be .
- Another Website offering useful information on the shroud can be found at (what else?) www.
- In 1171 William, Archbishop of Tyre, mentioned such a shroud in Constantinople.
News & Articles
- Artifactory is putting history in your hands
Imagine having a replica of the Shroud of Turin, a Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth, a poster of the blueprints for the Space Shuttle, or the golf club used on the moon hanging on your wall or on display in your house. That is the focus of Artifactory Replicas of Boyertown - creating and distributing historically significant Archaeological and Aerospace...
June 13, 2013 - Boyertown Area Times
- Doc Rivers still undecided on future
The shroud of mystery surrounding Doc Rivers continues to leave many unsure, the Celtics included, as to what his plans are for the future. ESPN reported on Wednesday that Rivers believes “it may be time for a change” in his status as Celtics head coach. But a league source contacted by CSNNE.com on Wednesday indicated that Rivers [...]
June 12, 2013 - Inside Hoops
- Benjamin A. Wiech of North Tonawanda, local expert on Shroud of Turin
Benjamin A. Wiech, an attorney regarded as a local expert on the Shroud of Turin, died Tuesday in his North Tonawanda home. He was 66. Born in North Tonawanda, Mr. Wiech was a 1964 graduate of Bishop Gibbons High School and earned his law degree from the University at Buffalo Law School in 1973.
June 6, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Severino Poletto in Telegraph.co.uk
Archbishop Poletto said: "It is quite clear to all that our Christian faith is not based on the shroud but on the Gospel and the teaching of the Apostles. However, the displaying of the Shroud is an occasion to help the faithful meditate, pray and...
- Greg Hunt in NEWS.com.au
But Mr Hunt said it was time the government lift the "shroud of secrecy" and give the Australian public an explanation.
- Pope Benedict XVI in AsiaNews.it
In such a context I am happy to fulfill your great expectations and accept your bishop's wish, allowing the Shroud to be solemnly put on display in the spring of 2010,said the Pope. "It will be a most propitious occasion, I am certain, to...