hierarch : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who holds a high position in a hierarchy
- n a senior clergyman and dignitary
- The Church of England's second ranking hierarch, the Archbishop of York, spoke too of Germany.
- Without the explicit consent of one of these, no other Roman Catholic hierarch, be he bishop, archbishop, or cardinal, can touch a hair of the Royal Oak, Mich, radiorator's .
- The Iakovos of Houstonevangelical, reformist, emphasizing his points with exhortations from the Apostle Paul seemed something of a departure from the ambitious hierarch who .
- Costas Karamanlis in Earthtimes (press release)
In a statement, Greek Prime Minister Kostas Karamanlis called Christodoulos "the enlightened Hierarch who, with his pastoral work, brought the church closer to society and the modern-day problems, closer to the youth and their anxieties," the...