- n a genus of Accipitridae
- n a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
- v deprive of by deceit
- Diana Lynn, as the boss of a female swing band, gyps him out of his heart and most of his fortune.
- To the discomfort of airlines struggling with summertime hordes of travelers, some jet-age gyps have discovered that they can literally write their own tickets.
- Many of these tax-supported agencies have been increasingly effective in guarding the public against television-repair gyps, cheating furniture dealers, heavy-thumbed butchers .