grown : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute; become
- v become larger, greater, or bigger; expand or gain
- v increase in size by natural process
- v cause to grow or develop
- v develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation
- v come into existence; take on form or shape
- v cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
- v come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- v grow emotionally or mature
- v become attached by or as if by the process of growth
The tree trunks had grown together
- s (of animals) fully developed
a grown woman
- Fewer than 100 full-grown trees remain, and by selling plants grown from their cuttings, Wollemi Pine International hopes to raise funds for preservation and stop the poachers who .
- Still, the fact that not all locally grown products are organic had me worried.
- Organic adherents take it on faith that the way food is grown affects its nutritional quality.
News & Articles
- Nas Celebrates His Daughter’s 19th Birthday
Destiny Jones is a grown woman! These kids grow up so fast! This past weekend, Nas celebrated his daughter Destiny’s 19th birthday, just before Father’s Day. To celebrate the special occasion, he rented Destiny and her friends a huge suite at the Ritz Carlton, and later accompanied them to an intimate dinner, which included cotton [...]
June 16, 2013 - Necole Bitchie
- Sweet corn will be later this year
Last year, some locally grown sweet corn started showing up at Quad-City farmers markets in late June, two weeks earlier than normal.
June 16, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Watch Grown Men Box Over Parking Spot
Fewer than half of the city's would-be drivers pass their road tests, but clearly, the city needs to crack down on the Douchebag portion of the exam. Here we see two grown men fighting, with their matching cars, over a parking spot recently vacated by a taxi. [ more › ]
June 13, 2013 - Gothamist
- Johan Cruyff in ESPN
Spain is now the great favourite,he wrote in El Periodico de Catalunya on Thursday. "Del Bosque's team has grown in strength and finds itself in the final at the top of its game. Yesterday evening Germany, which put on a display against...
- Tony Hayward in Financial Times
He added: "Having grown up in Mississippi, Bob has a deep appreciation and affinity for the Gulf Coast and believes deeply in BP's commitment to restore the region."
- Robert Gates in Seacoastonline.com
I am concerned that the department has grown lax in how we engage with the media,Gates wrote.