greater : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a greater in size or importance or degree
for the greater good of the community
the greater Antilles
- s relatively large in size or number or extent; larger than others of its kind
- s of major significance or importance
- s remarkable or out of the ordinary in degree or magnitude or effect
- s very good
- s uppercase
- s in an advanced stage of pregnancy
- He vigorously attacked the Government for its questionable election tactics and advocated "greater electoral freedom for the people.
- And, she reported, the greater the distance between healer and mouse in that experiment, the greater the effect! The connection, Targ suggests, "could be actuated through the .
- There is no greater contribution than to help the weak.
News & Articles
- Greater Pittston enges Nanticoke in Legion play
Fred Chupka went 2-for-3 with three RBI and two doubles in Greater Pittston's 6-5 win over Nanticoke in a close American Legion Baseball game Friday.Joe Giavanovis recorded a home run in the win as well.Mickey Ferrance batted 2-for-4 with two doubles in the effort for Nanticoke.
June 22, 2013 - Times Leader
- Camp Fire Greater Dayton Area to shut down
The Camp Fire Greater Dayton Area council is shutting down because it doesn’t have the funding to continue, the organization said in an announcement Friday afternoon. The board of directors voted unanimously to dissolve the council, effective July 31. Closing became the only option after Camp Fire did not receive 2012-13 funding from the Montgomery County Department of Job and Family Services ...
June 21, 2013 - Springfield News-Sun
- Greater Steuben Red Cross transitioning food pantry services to Salvation Army
The Greater Steuben Chapter of the American Red Cross today will end its food pantry services at 24 Maple St. in Hornell and transition them to the Hornell Salvation Army at 95 Seneca St.
June 20, 2013 - The Hornell Evening Tribune
- President Bush in BBC News
Iraq is now a different place from one year ago. We must do all we can to ensure that 2008 will bring even greater progress,Mr Bush said.
- Barack Obama in American Spectator
At one point last night, Obama said that, "The middle-class will realize greater security, not higher taxes."
- Ben Bernanke in 940 News
These steps will provide financial institutions with greater assurance of access to funds,Bernanke told reporters in a brief conference call Sunday evening.