- n death of a person
he went to his grave without forgiving me
from cradle to grave
- n a place for the burial of a corpse (especially beneath the ground and marked by a tombstone)
he put flowers on his mother's grave
- n a mark (`) placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
- v shape (a material like stone or wood) by whittling away at it
- v carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface
engrave a pen
engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's
- s dignified and somber in manner or character and committed to keeping promises
a grave God-fearing man
- s causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm
a grave situation
a grave illness
- s of great gravity or crucial import; requiring serious thought
faced a grave decision in a time of crisis
- Elvis Presley has actually had two graves.
- Lisa Burks, a friend of Sinclair's and a self-described "grave hunter" (her website is called Adventures in Grave Hunting), says she was once escorted from the Great Mausoleum by .
- Soft-voiced, hard-eyed men in Kentucky's "Bloody" Harlan County began saying Ambrose Metcalfe was a "candidate" (meaning, for the graveyard) almost as soon as he.
News & Articles
- Civil War soldier's grave to be marked near Utica
UTICA — The re-dedication of a grave of a Winona County man killed at the Battle of Gettysburg will take place June 22 at Mount Auburn Cemetery near Utica.
June 13, 2013 - Post-Bulletin
- 'Psychic' who reported mass grave north of Houston must pay $7 million
'Psychic' who reported mass grave north of Houston must pay $7 million Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 4:08 pm, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 A self-described psychic who triggered a media frenzy when she told authorities a Liberty County couple had a mass grave on their ...
June 12, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Infant’s grave robbed
A baby’s grave in Edgewood Cemetery was robbed of several items sometime in the past two weeks.
June 12, 2013 - Star Beacon
- Pope Benedict XVI in The Republic
Then at World Youth Day 2008, he said, "I am deeply sorry for the pain and suffering the victims have endured. ...... These misdeeds, which constitute so grave a betrayal of trust, deserve unequivocal condemnation."
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
...on the White House steps, Obama said that its latest nuclear underground test and subsequent test firings of short-range ground to air missiles "pose a grave threat to the peace and security of the world and I strongly condemn their...