- v carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface
engrave a pen
engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's
- v impress or affect deeply
The event engraved itself into her memory
- v carve or cut into a block used for printing or print from such a block
engrave a letter
- v carve or cut a design or letters into
engrave the pen with the owner's name
- Born Yoshihito Nakano in 1946, he is the second tattooist to be bestowed the honorific titlethe tattooist affixation "Hori" means engravein a line started by his master, the .
- Maybe they should engrave that one over the doors of the future Bush Library.
- Some cultural impulse drove the early Homo sapiens of that region not only to venture deep into caves but also to paint and engrave them.
- Vinny Del Negro in Aurora Beacon News
With all the injuries right now, it's hard to engrave something in stone,Del Negro said. "We've had different mix-and-match lineups out there. The flexibility with the starting lineup needs to be there right now. Maybe it needs to be there...
- Rick Perry in Gov Monitor
These two sensible amendments will engrave our proven fiscal disciplines into the bedrock of state law and make our state even stronger, no matter what challenges the global economy might present,Gov. Perry said. "These additional...
- Ehud Olmert in Jewish Telegraphic Agency
Year after year we promise and pray that this will be the final victim, and then we return and with heavy hearts engrave another name on the monuments of the slain,Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said in a speech. "And the stone absorbs the...