- v make strong or stronger
- v enclose by or as if by a fortification
- v prepare oneself for a military confrontation
- v add nutrients to
- v add alcohol to (beverages)
- s secured with bastions or fortifications
- s having something added to increase the strength
- Currently, most children get their vitamin D from fortified milk or orange juice; under the AAP's new guidelines, kids would have to drink at least four glasses a day.
- Omega-3-fortified eggs, new on the market, contain only small amounts.
- The structure is heavily fortified.
News & Articles
- Lakeview Farms and Oceans Omega claim industry first with gelatin cups fortified with omega-3 EPA and DHA
Dips and desserts specialist Lakeview Farms and omega-3 emulsions expert Oceans Omega have unveiled what they claim are the first gelatin cups fortified with the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA.
June 13, 2013 - Food Navigator USA
- An Uneasy Calm in Istanbul as Protests Continue at Taksim Square
After a night spent under clouds of police tear gas, protesters in Istanbul’s Gezi Park on Wednesday cleaned up the debris, fortified their encampment, dressed their wounds and said they would stay on. Though Turkey’s government has vowed to end protests it says were co-opted by extremists, the park is home to a colorful group of hundreds of young people at the heart of a bid to save the site ...
June 12, 2013 - Time.com via Yahoo! News
- Oceans Omega And Lakeview Farms Produce The World's First Omega-3 Fortified Gelatins
PARAMUS, N.J., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oceans Omega, a leading supplier of water-soluble omega-3 EPA and DHA ingredients for food, beverage, nutritional and pet care products, announced today the world's first commercially produced omega-3 fortified gelatins. Oceans Omega...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Bobby Murcer in New York Times
I'm not having to battle this alone,said Murcer, 60, "but I am fortified with the most loving family, an overabundance of wonderful friends and fans and the very best class of physicians."
- Kevin Rudd in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Rudd said yesterday the government's advice suggested the tax was sound: "The Commonwealth advises we're fortified in our constitutional position in that regard."
- Prokopis Pavlopoulos in AFP
The assailants "will soon understand that our democracy is strong and our society is fortified," Pavlopoulos told reporters.