disarm : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v remove offensive capability from
- v make less hostile; win over
Her charm disarmed the prosecution lawyer completely
- v take away the weapons from; render harmless
- Stepping up retaliation following last Sunday's terror bombings, Yasser Arafat ordered PLO security forces todisarm militant Islamic opponentsin Gaza, despite threats that such .
- By shooting water into a minefield and monitoring sounds, the system can detect and disarm explosives without setting them off.
- He needs to put pressure on Arafat to disarm all unofficial Palestinian forces in line with the Mitchell proposals.
News & Articles
- Kobe Bryant Survives Shoot-Off, Ties Little Titus on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
From Michael Jordan to LeBron James , Kobe Bryant has taken on some of the greatest to play this game. He wasn't prepared, however, to battle Titus. The young gun comes armed with a slick shot, unrelenting passion and poise under pressure. If that's not enough, Titus uses his adorable swagger to disarm some of the best in the game. If you don't believe me, ask Shaquille O'Neal , who was the ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Give Dad the Ultimate ‘Smart Home’ Gift This Father’s Day with ADT Pulse®
BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This year, choosing the perfect Father’s Day gift just became a little easier. Dads will appreciate a high-tech gadget to show off while having greater peace of mind knowing their families are safer with ADT Pulse, a trusted home security and automation solution that can help protect what matters most. ADT Pulse allows dads to remotely arm and disarm their ...
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire
- Uh-Oh! 15 Phrases That Tell You to Run
Here it comes. Brace yourself: The guilt trip. The empty promise. The hidden agenda. The pile on. Sure, you can raise your guard. But it only takes a smile and a compliment to disarm it. When you do, your peers have you at their mercy.
June 9, 2013 - Forbes