fortissimo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (music) loud
- s chiefly a direction or description in music
- r a direction in music; to be played very loudly
- Come snobs, I play too pianissimo, too fortissimo, my hair, I am too fat, my dress.
- Said Pianist Rubinstein: "With this mike, I play what is fortissimo and drown Jascha.
- Other young actors, to keep viewers on their side, would strike the sympathy key fortissimo.
News & Articles
- Fortissimo 2013 on Parliament Hill
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Aug. 2, 2013) - From August 8 to 10, 2013, at 7 p.m. on Parliament Hill, the soldiers of the Ceremonial Guard will host the 17th annual Fortissimo celebration.
Aug. 2, 2013 - Marketwire
- Ted Leonsis in Washington Post
I am thrilled that Fortissimo has come on board,Leonsis said in a statement today. "I have been very impressed with how well [Fortissimo] presented several great documentaries which they acquired at Sundance."
- Olin Downes in New York Times
Theremin, Downes wrote, "moved his hands and fingers in mystic passes in the air, and a tone like a purified and magnified saxophone soared through the atmosphere and through the very loudest fortissimo."