- v lessen the strength of
The fever weakened his body
- v become weaker
The prisoner's resistance weakened after seven days
- v destroy property or hinder normal operations
- v reduce the level or intensity or size or scope of
- v lessen in force or effect
- They've helped to weaken him," this diplomatic source commented bitterly.
- While many were worried that service outages this summer could weaken eBay's legendary customer loyalty, others saw it as a healthy growing pain.
- The first Fatah conference in 20 years is likely to weaken President Mahmoud Abbas, Washington's preferred Palestinian moderate, as his party looks to compete with Hamas.
News & Articles
- EU not trying to weaken U.S. financial services rules: aide
By Doug Palmer WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The European Union does not want to use negotiations with the United States on a free trade agreement to weaken recent U.S. financial regulatory reforms, an EU official said on Thursday, responding to concerns raised by U.S. politicians. But the EU is interested in exploring how financial regulations across the Atlantic can be made more compatible to allow ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Amendments to Immigration Bill Weaken Enforcement and Border Security
WASHINGTON, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Schumer-Rubio bill has emerged from the committee mark up process with changes that further weaken prospects for improved immigration enforcement. The Center for Immigration Studies has outlined the most significant changes to the enforcement and security sections of the bill and concluded that while a few token amendments to improve ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- European Stocks Weaken for Third Day
European Stocks Weaken for Third Day
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- President Bush in Chicago Tribune
Allowing the companies to fail or further deteriorate would damage our home mortgage market, and could weaken other credit markets that are unrelated directly to housing,Bush said.
- Kenneth Chenault in AFP
Business conditions continue to weaken in the US and so far this month we have seen credit indicators deteriorate beyond our expectations,Chenault said. "While it is too early to assess the impact of these indicators, the antitrust...
- George Pataki in New York Times
I just think it's wrong,Mr. Pataki said, though similar maneuvering in 1994 cleared the path for his own election to a first term. "To weaken and undermine the governor, beyond the weakness that already exists, at a time when he will be...