- v make (images or sounds) soft or softer
- v lessen in force or effect
soften a shock
- v give in, as to influence or pressure
- v protect from impact
- v make less severe or harsh
- v make soft or softer
This liquid will soften your laundry
- v become soft or softer
The bread will soften if you pour some liquid on it
- At his studio in lower Manhattan, he and his assistants sit at computer keyboards to soften lighting, heighten colors or erase crowsfeet.
- LIN: It'll erode, it'll soften.
- There are some signs that Jamaica may soften its approach.
News & Articles
- Does Stretch Genie Really Make Your Shoes More Comfy?
It's a solution that claims to soften your shoe's leather or fabric
June 13, 2013 - WREG-TV Memphis
- Silicon-based nanoparticles could make LEDs cheaper, greener to produce
Researchers have created a material they say would make LED bulbs cheaper and greener to manufacture, driving down the price. Their silicon-based nanoparticles soften the blue light emitted by LEDs, creating white light that more closely resembles sunlight.
June 13, 2013 - Science Daily
- U.S. Open 2013 Tee Times: Pairings and Predictions for Thursday
The 2013 U.S. Open gets underway at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore , Pennsylvania, on Thursday, and though inclement weather should soften conditions, the test will be stern for the best players in the world in the season's second major. Merion 's 6,996-yard layout is deceptive. It may be a short track overall, but professional qualifier John Hahn highlights what makes it so intimidating: There are ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Jack Markell in Chicago Tribune
GM has sent many strong signals for the past four years that it was leaning toward closing this plant, but that does not make this news any less unfortunate or soften its impact on the workers and their families,Markell said in a statement.
- David Cameron in The Guardian
These were "shocking conclusions to read and shocking words to have to say", Cameron said. "But you do not defend the British Army by defending the indefensible. There is no point trying to soften or equivocate what is in the report. It is...
- Justin Leonard in SportingNews.com
The greens stayed pretty firm,Justin Leonard said after playing the back nine. "They didn't soften any."