- v increase in extent or intensity
The Allies escalated the bombing
- That morning Reuther and his colleagues suspected the day's events could escalate into something historic as they prepared to hand out organizing leaflets (slogan: "Unionism, Not .
- The backlash against prostitution could escalate, however.
- In order to escalate the detainee's emotions, a mask was made from an MRE box with a smily face on it and placed on the detainee's head for a few moments.
News & Articles
- U.N. says nearly 93,000 killed in Syrian civil war
Syria’s bloody civil war has left at least 92,901 people dead, the U.N. Human Rights Office said Thursday in a new report sure to give ammunition to lawmakers urging President Barack Obama to escalate the U.S. role there. “Unfortunately, as the study indicates, this is most likely a minimum casualty figure. The true number of [...]
June 13, 2013 - The Ticket via Yahoo! News
- Hezbollah in Syrian War Drives Lebanon Risk Higher: Arab Credit
Lebanon’s investor risk surged to the highest level in 10 months amid concern that sectarian violence in the most indebted Arab country may escalate after Hezbollah openly joined the war in neighboring Syria.
June 13, 2013 - Bloomberg
- As Erdogan Threatens Bigger Crackdown, Turkey's Protesters Take to the Streets
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan today vowed to escalate violence after yesterday's crackdown on Istanbul protesters left hundreds injured. He insists Turkey's massive protests, now entering their third week, will be "over in 24 hours." read more
June 12, 2013 - CommonDreams.org
- Osama bin Laden in FOXNews
One is from our side, and it is to escalate the fighting and killing against you. This is our duty, and our brothers are carrying it out,bin Laden said.
- Ehud Olmert in International Herald Tribune
Earlier Sunday, at a Cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert warned, "If the diplomatic and military efforts we have taken do not bring calm, will have to escalate our response."
- Erik Solheim in Forbes
This comes on top of the increasingly frequent and brutal acts of violence perpetrated by both parties, and I am deeply concerned that the violence and hostilities will now escalate even further,said Erik Solheim, a key mediator in the...