- n a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb
- n any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm
the arm of the record player
an arm of the sea
- n any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting
- n the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person
- n a division of some larger or more complex organization
- n the part of a garment that is attached at the armhole and that provides a cloth covering for the arm
- v prepare oneself for a military confrontation
- v supply with arms
The U.S. armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan
- With Jessie's arm only partly swallowed, the shark tried to wiggle free from Vance's barehanded grasp.
- With its movable, spring-loaded hooks, the prosthesis fitted onto the stump of Dan Aycock's left arm two years ago was a substantial improvement over the ugly iron claw of earlier .
- In addition to his powerful mechanical legs and zoom-lens artificial eye, television's Six Million Dollar Man has an atomic-powered arm that can knock down walls, lift cars and .
News & Articles
- Rockchip (ARM) RK3188 overclocked to 1.92 GHz
Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core processor is probably one of the most powerful pieces of ARM Cortex-A9 silicon on the market today. read more
June 20, 2013 - TG Daily
- To Arm, Or Not To Arm The Syrian Rebels?
The White House says the United States will arm Syrian rebels, but a new poll shows most Americans don't like the idea. Guest host Celeste Headlee speaks with Shadi Hamid of The Brookings Institution, about America's current and future involvement in Syria.
June 19, 2013 - NPR
- Robotic Arm Will Kick Your Butt at Air Hockey
A new research project out of Japan has air hockey champions shaking in their sneakers. Researchers have developed a robotic arm that dominates the air hockey table with a killer combination of precise moves and long-term strategy.
June 19, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Washington Post
I feel very strongly we have a co-responsibility,Clinton told reporters, adding: "Our insatiable demand for illegal drugs fuels the drug trade. Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these...
- Amy Winehouse in BBC News
Giving evidence Miss Winehouse said: "She moved her left arm to lean down to me and tried to pose next to me. Her friend came round in front of us and started taking a picture. I was like, 'Do I get a choice in this, hello?'"
- Helen Mirren in Reuters
For 50 years and more, Elizabeth Windsor has maintained her dignity, her sense of duty and her hairstyle. She's had her feet planted firmly on the ground, her hat on her head, her handbag on her arm and she has weathered many, many storms,...