- n any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting
he was licensed to carry a weapon
- n a means of persuading or arguing
he used all his conversational weapons
- Barack Obama has declared a goal of a world free of nuclear weapons.
- If Blix tells the Council that Iraq is refusing to destroy a prohibited weapon, that may put the kibosh on calls to give the inspection process more time.
- States without nuclear weapons are guaranteed access to peaceful nuclear technology to produce nuclear power.
News & Articles
- EHT Couple Has Been Indicted on Drug and Weapon Charges - NBC40.net
An EHT couple previously convicted of manslaughter, has been indicted on drug and weapon charges.
June 12, 2013 - NBC40 South Jersey
- Guantanamo war court debate: When is a spiral notebook a weapon?
When is a spiral-bound notebook a possible weapon? And who gets to decide? Defense and prosecution attorneys parried with the war court’s chief judge on this for about a half-hour Tuesday in a pre-trial hearing in the death penalty case of a Saudi Arabian prisoner.
June 12, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Idaho Firefighters: Our Greatest Weapon Is Citizen Prevention
As Idaho gears up what is certain to be a challenging 2013 fire season, federal and state officials continue to point to citizen prevention as their greatest weapon in the firefight. Bob Shindelar, Fire Chief for the Boise National Forest, estimates Idaho is 4-6 weeks ahead of the normal fire season, which, according to the chief, “Will prolong the fire season for us here in Idaho.” Despite ...
June 11, 2013 - Boise Weekly
- Barack Obama in AFP
The single biggest threat to US security, both short-term, medium-term and long-term, would be the possibility of a terrorist organization obtaining a nuclear weapon,Obama said on Sunday.
- President Bush in Washington Post
I've told people that if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them (Iran) from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon,Bush said.
- Samuel Alito in Allentown Morning Call
In his dissent, Justice Samuel Alito said, "Brushing aside inconvenient precedent, the (majority) arms public educational institutions with a handy weapon for suppressing the speech of unpopular groups - groups to which, as Hastings candidly puts...