- n large but transportable armament
- n an army unit that uses big guns
- n a means of persuading or arguing
- Enemy artillery fire raked the hillside.
- Rosa Babayan was in her kitchen fixing tea and slicing bread for breakfast when the first artillery shell of the morning slammed into her concrete apartment building.
- He went to artillery schools, elementary and high; commanded an artillery regiment; directed an artillery school; headed a corps.
News & Articles
- Park's bombs litter slopes
An untold number of dud artillery rounds litter the slopes of Yellowstone National Park’s Sylvan Pass but officials have no plan to find and safely detonate them as they prepare to continue their winter avalanche program...
June 12, 2013 - Jackson Hole News & Guide
- Haverford's Heritage Festival opens a doorway to history (VIDEO)
HAVERFORD TWP. — Edward “Ned” Hector, a freeman and bombardier who served in Col. Proctor’s 3rd PA Artillery, was among the many remarkable personages appearing at the Haverford Township Historical Society’s seventh annual Heritage Festival, held Sunday along scenic Karakung Drive.Played by historic re-enactor Noah Lewis, Hector educated visitors about the lesser-known but significant role black ...
June 12, 2013 - News of Delaware County
- Fort Bliss Soldiers trample sexual harassment, assault
To support President Barack Obama and other Pentagon officials in their fight against sexual assault in the military, the “Rough Riders” of the 402nd Field Artillery Brigade are trampling out sexual harassment and sexual assault. 0 read more
June 12, 2013 - KTSM El Paso
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in AFP
You (the United States) cannot preserve your power over Iraq with a few tanks, artillery and weapons. Today, you are prisoners of your own quagmire. You have no choice but to accept the rights of the Iraqi people,Ahmadinejad said. "I can...
- Kofi Annan in guardian.co.uk
This coordinated artillery and aerial attack on a long established and clearly marked UN post ...... occurred despite personal assurances given to me by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert,Mr Annan said.
- Liam Fox in International Herald Tribune
It appears that our commanders had just 48 hours notice and they yet had to deploy more than one battle group with tanks, armored vehicles and artillery,Fox told the Commons. "Is this an acceptable model for the future?"