fellow : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a boy or man
there's a fellow at the door
- n a friend who is frequently in the company of another
- n a person who is member of one's class or profession
he sent e-mail to his fellow hackers
- n one of a pair
one eye was blue but its fellow was brown
- n a member of a learned society
he was elected a fellow of the American Physiological Association
- n an informal form of address for a man
Say, fellow, what are you doing?
- n a man who is the lover of a girl or young woman
- Back in June 2005, the Pentagon insisted that al-Qahtani had provided vital intelligence, focusing on key al-Qaeda leaders and some 30 fellow prisoners at Guantanamo whom he .
- They were fellow travelers who wanted to help fight fascism.
- He moved his fellow workers away from mere wage claims and toward a central, daringly political demand: free trade unions.
News & Articles
- Marlboro High School valedictorian calls on fellow graduates to look beyond their gadgets
MARLBORO, N.Y. — Marlboro High School Valedictorian Georgia Houghton reminded her fellow graduates that there is life beyond the screen of their electronic gadgets.
June 22, 2013 - Kingston Daily Freeman
- The Power Of Rapid Results
Last year, my fellow HBR blogger Daniel Markovitz suggested that stretch goals can be demotivating, and should be replaced by confidence-building "quick wins." Frankly, this is like saying that the taste of food is more important than its nutrient value. It's a false dichotomy. Healthy organizations need both stretch and success to stay alive and vibrant, just like a well-balanced diet includes ...
June 21, 2013 - Forbes
- Video: Christie: Should I have worn my "Romney sweatshirt" next to Obama?
On the criticism he received from fellow Republicans about his praise for President Obama's hurricane relief efforts when the president visited New Jersey to survey storm damage, Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J., said he asked his critics if he should have worn his "Romney sweatshirt" as he stood next to the president.
June 21, 2013 - CBS News
- David Johnston in Vancouver Sun
My wife and I have always believed that service, whether it is to family, community, university or country is our highest calling,said Johnston in a speech Thursday. "We are proud to have this opportunity to serve Canada and our fellow...
- Barack Obama in Focus News
We will never forget those who died. We will always remember the heroic efforts of our firefighters, police and emergency responders, and those who sacrificed their own lives on Flight 93 to protect their fellow Americans,Obama said in a...
- President Bush in Reuters
President George W. Bush, a Republican with many opposing political views but who worked with Kennedy on a major education bill, called him a "man of tremendous courage, remarkable strength, and powerful spirit" and said: "We join our fellow...