companion : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a friend who is frequently in the company of another
- n a traveler who accompanies you
- n one paid to accompany or assist or live with another
- v be a companion to somebody
News & Articles
- Companion 2 Hospital Driver for Powering SynCardia Total Artificial Heart Wins Silver at Medical Design Excellence ...
TUCSON, Ariz., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SynCardia Systems, Inc. (www.syncardia.com), manufacturer of the world's first and only FDA, Health Canada and CE (Europe) approved Total Artificial Heart, announced today that its Companion 2 (C2) Driver System, which powers the SynCardia...
June 20, 2013 - PR Newswire
- New Book and Companion Workbook 'Wild Money' Offers Women a Creative Guide to Finances
Artist, psychotherapist and financial advisor Luna Jaffe combines all of her talents in two colorful new books for women -- "Wild Money: A Creative Journey to Financial Wisdom" and its companion ...
June 20, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Companion and The Evangelicals at Juanita's
Also, Rodney Block at the Joint. THURSDAY 6/20 Juanita's has some buzz-y indie rock, with Brooklyn pop outfit Companion and psychedelic Oklahomans The Evangelicals . Locals Ten Sentences opens the show, 9 p.m., and hey, it's $3! It's going to be a "'90s Throwback Concert" at The Joint, with Rodney Block & The Real Music Lovers , 8:30 p.m., $10-$15. Pop singer/songwriter Shining Rae is back in ...
June 19, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Robert Byrd in Globe and Mail
On that day, Mr. Byrd said, "My only regret is that my beloved wife, companion and confidant, my dear Erma, is not here with me. I know that she is looking down from the heavens smiling at me and saying, 'Congratulations my dear Robert - but don't...
- JK Rowling in New York Times
In a statement released by Warner Brothers, Ms. Rowling said she could not "approve of 'companion books' or 'encyclopedias' that seek to pre-empt my definitive Potter reference book for their authors' own personal gain."
- Cliff Richard in International Herald Tribune
He has also become a companion, which is great because I don't like living alone, even now,Richard said.