familiar : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person attached to the household of a high official (as a pope or bishop) who renders service in return for support
- n a friend who is frequently in the company of another
- n a spirit (usually in animal form) that acts as an assistant to a witch or wizard
- a well known or easily recognized
a familiar figure
- a within normal everyday experience; common and ordinary; not strange
familiar ordinary objects found in every home
a familiar everyday scene
a familiar excuse
a day like any other filled with familiar duties and experiences
- s (usually followed by `with') well informed about or knowing thoroughly
familiar with the complex machinery
he was familiar with those roads
- s having mutual interests or affections; of established friendship
on familiar terms
- Which of the following BEST describes you: LIKELY VOTERS NORTH CAROLINA OHIO VIRGINIA You are unfamiliar with ACORN 20% 18% 16% You are familiar with ACORN but it won't matter to your .
- Rather than waste ink telling you about the sites you're already familiar with, we decided to ferret out the terrific websites that aren't yet .
- The familiar part belongs to Hillary Clinton, whose lopsided, 35-point victory in Kentucky will help her keep making the case that Obama cannot appeal to key working-class voters .
News & Articles
- Another Heat crown brings familiar ring
Another Heat crown brings familiar ring Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 12:38 am, Friday, June 21, 2013 NBA Finals Most Valuable Player LeBron James had 37 points and 12 rebounds and the Miami Heat repeated as champions with a 95-88 victory over the San Antonio Spurs in ...
June 21, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- La Familiar, a pupuseria that even a dorm rat could love
La Familiar in College Park serves Salvadoran specialties — and less-traditional eats — with care
June 20, 2013 - Washington Post
- Familiar setting
If Daniel Lewis had to pick one word to describe the University of Missouri, he might pick “familiar.”
June 19, 2013 - The Examiner
- Brad Childress in FOXSports.com
It was a rare and unique opportunity to consider adding not only a future Hall of Fame quarterback but one that is very familiar with our system and division,Childress said in a statement. "That does not detract from the team that we have....
- Barack Obama in BBC News
There are some legitimate philosophical differences with parts of my plan that the Republicans have, and I respect that,Mr Obama said. "In some cases they may just not be as familiar with what's in the package as I would like. I don't...
- Bill Clinton in Howey Politics Indiana
Clinton said that when he ran in 1992, "The Republicans said I was too young and inexperienced to be commander-in-chief. Sound familiar? It wasn't true in 1992 because we were on the right side of history, and it won't work in 2008 because Barack...