- n an institution created to conduct business
he started the company in his garage
- n small military unit; usually two or three platoons
- n the state of being with someone
he missed their company
- n organization of performers and associated personnel (especially theatrical)
the traveling company all stayed at the same hotel
- n a social or business visitor
the room was a mess because he hadn't expected company
- n a social gathering of guests or companions
the house was filled with company when I arrived
- n a band of people associated temporarily in some activity
the company of cooks walked into the kitchen
- n crew of a ship including the officers; the whole force or personnel of a ship
- n a unit of firefighters including their equipment
a hook-and-ladder company
- v be a companion to somebody
News & Articles
- Company issues recall for beef jerky
An Alabama-based company has issued a recall for about 1,800 pounds of beef jerky, saying the products are misbranded and don't include information about an allergen.
June 13, 2013 - Jefferson City News Tribune
- Company News for June 12, 2013
Company in the News are: S,DOLE,LULU,MDCI
June 12, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Company expands in Bristol, Tenn., creating 128 new jobs
A company jumps from Virginia to Tennessee, creating 128 new jobs and investing $117,000.
June 12, 2013 - WCYB 5 Tri-Cities
- Barack Obama in Columbia Missourian
When Obama said, "We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused," it was the message Americans wanted to hear.
- Joe Barton in Wall Street Journal
Mr. Barton was "ashamed," he said, "that a private company would be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown, in this case a $20 billion shakedown."
- Henry Waxman in Times Online
Time after time, it appears that BP made decisions that increased the risk of a blowout to save the company time or expense,the Congressmen wrote. "If this is what happened, BP's carelessness and complacency have inflicted a heavy toll on...