buster : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an informal form of address for a man
Hey buster, what's up?
- n a robust child
- n a person who breaks horses
- n a person (or thing) that breaks up or overpowers something
- n a person born in the generation following the baby boom when the birth rate fell dramatically
- According to a top Israeli intelligence official, the Pentagon in 2002 offered to supply Israel with bunker-buster bombs capable of punching deep into an enemy's underground .
News & Articles
- ROCK DOC: Talking with Fido
Buster Brown, my big mutt from the dog pound, is now 10 years old. Perhaps because he’s a senior citizen, it took him a full week to learn how to operate the dog door I had installed last winter. He was used to going to the back door and barking to be let in or out. Once the dog door was there, I held it open, showing him the great outdoors, and encouraged him to go through it. I had to repeat ...
June 11, 2013 - The San Angelo Standard-Times
- Hunter Pence, Buster Posey spark offensive outburst in Arizona
Buster Posey capped a six-run fourth inning with a homer and had three RBIs, Madison Bumgarner pitched five effective innings and the San Francisco Giants pounded the Arizona Diamondbacks 10-5 Saturday night.
June 9, 2013 - The Santa Rosa Press Democrat
- Buster Williams Quartet's "Something More" Tour Starts This Week
Bassist Buster Williams plans a handful of dates beginning this Tuesday and Wednesday at Dizzy’s Coca-Cola in New York. Williams, known for his stint with Herbie Hancock, among others, has put together an all-star group featuring Cindy Blackman-Santana on drums, Stefon Harris on vibes (6/20 only), Patrice Rushen on piano and Steve Wilson on saxophone (6/11 - 6/18).
June 8, 2013 - JazzTimes Magazine
- Peter Hain in USA Today
In 2000, Peter Hain, then Britain's Cabinet minister for African affairs, called Bout "the chief sanctions-buster" flouting UN arms embargoes on the warring parties in Angola, Sierra Leone, Congo and Rwanda and said he supplied al-Qaeda and the...
- Bruce Bochy in San Jose Mercury News
Great job by Buster,Bochy said. "That's frustrating, too, for a catcher, having trouble getting the ball where he wants it. But he handled Jonathan well, especially for the first time working with him. To get him through six innings, you...