eyes : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n opinion or judgment
in the eyes of the law
I was wrong in her eyes
- n the organ of sight
- n good discernment (either visually or as if visually)
- n attention to what is seen
- n an area that is approximately central within some larger region
- n a small hole or loop (as in a needle)
- v look at
- Having bigger eyes is every girl's dream, and it can now be realized through a simple $800 operation, in which a small incision or suture is made above the eye to create an .
- Though it is popularly supposed that all boys who want to be airmen must have perfect eyesight, many an Army Navy air cadet knows better.
- With eyes bandaged a Jew and a Nordic lay with ocular fraternity in Manhattan's Eye Ear Hospital last week.
News & Articles
- Texas Gov eyes Connecticut jobs, talks civility
Texas Gov eyes Connecticut jobs, talks civility The Republican governor, who stepped onto the national stage during his unsuccessful 2012 presidential campaign, plans to court gun manufacturers and other businesses aggressively during a two-day trip to the state next week. "There are some firearm companies that are looking to make a move since the Connecticut legislature passed some more ...
June 16, 2013 - Greenwich Time
- Eyes on road may not prevent accidents
Your eyes may be on the road ahead, but if you are on the phone, punching an address into the GPS or using a voice-activated app to send a text message, there is a disconnect between your eyeballs and your brain.
June 14, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- British Pound Eyes Fresh Highs on Faster Inflation, BoE Minutes
British Pound Eyes Fresh Highs on Faster Inflation, BoE Minutes
June 14, 2013 - DailyFX via Yahoo! Finance
- Gary Coleman in Hindustan Times
...a earlier will, dated 2009, Coleman had stated that he wanted to be remembered in a wake conducted away from the public eye and by people who had no financial ties to him so that they "can look each other in the eyes and say they really...
- Sepp Blatter in The Associated Press
They have their eyes, their perception of the game,Blatter said. "So let's make that better and hope we are going forward."
- Kevin Macdonald in The Associated Press
I hope it will be something that will open people's eyes to the possibilities of user-generated film,Macdonald said. "Of course, it's a risk. It could be that I won't get anything interesting back. But I don't think that will be the case....