expanded : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v extend in one or more directions
- v become larger in size or volume or quantity
his business expanded rapidly
- v make bigger or wider in size, volume, or quantity
- v grow vigorously
- v exaggerate or make bigger
- v add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing
- v expand the influence of
- a increased in extent or size or bulk or scope
- Built, burned, rebuilt, expanded, abandoned, revived: James Fort never stayed the same for very long.
- It began with venting his disgust for the melodramatic drivel he saw on television, then expanded to include riffs about false advertising and polluting consumer products.
- Riders for Health recently expanded into Gambia and Nigeria and diversified its fleet to include refrigerated trucks, minivans and ambulances.
News & Articles
- Hockey rink, expanded library part of new Antioch mall
Mayor Karl Dean announced that a hockey rink, expanded library, regional community center and park space will be built at the city's new mixed-use complex at the Global Mall at The Crossings.
June 17, 2013 - WSMV Nashville
- Hasbro and Rovio Enter into Expanded Angry Birds Licensing Agreement
Hasbro, Inc. and Rovio Entertainment today announced an expanded licensing agreement for Hasbro to develop toys and physical games based on the globally popular Angry Birds brand.
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Hasbro, Rovio enter into expanded Angry Birds licensing agreement
Hasbro Inc., the Rhode Island toy maker known for such products as G.I. Joe and Mr. Potato Head, and Rovio Entertainment announced an expanded licensing agreement for Hasbro to develop toys and physical games based on the globally popular Angry Birds brand.Rovio Entertainment Ltd. is a company headquartered in Finland and the creator of the Angry Birds characters franchise. “The new agreement ...
June 17, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Annie Potts in International Herald Tribune
It was something so unique, because there had never been anything quite like it,said Potts. "We had Lucy and Ethel (on TV previously), but we never had that exponentially expanded, smart, attractive women who read newspapers and had...
- Trent Lott in Forbes
We can do this,Lott said. "But we should not allow it to be expanded to higher and higher income levels, and to adults. This is about poor children. But we can work it out. And I hope after we get through the politics of the next couple of...