established : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v set up or found
- v set up or lay the groundwork for
- v establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment
- v institute, enact, or establish
- v bring about
- v place
- v build or establish something abstract
- v use as a basis for; found on
- a brought about or set up or accepted; especially long established
the established social order
a team established as a member of a major league
enjoyed his prestige as an established writer
an established precedent
the established Church
- s settled securely and unconditionally
- s conforming with accepted standards
- s shown to be valid beyond a reasonable doubt
the established facts in the case
- s introduced from another region and persisting without cultivation
- I'm saying feminism was established, that the idea was, "Goddammit, we're going to have to have a political movement here to get what we're entitled to because it's not fair, we're .
- A well-established casino-hotel that cost $5,000,000 often takes in as much from gambling in just one year.
- What follows are a half-dozen, raw HST communications that established some context for the piece, including a faxed, handwritten message to long-time collaborator Ralph Steadman .
News & Articles
- ‘Man of Steel’: Day 3 of inappropriate tweets about Henry Cavill — with polls!
Having already established the level of inappropriate appreciation being expressed for the handsomeness of Man of Steel‘s Superman Henry Cavill
June 16, 2013 - Entertainment Weekly
- Funeral scheduled for Jason Leffler; Trust fund established for son
The funeral for Jason Leffler is scheduled to be held at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, June 19, at Grace Covenant Church in Cornelius, N.C. Leffler, a NASCAR driver who w on races in the Nationwide and Truck Series, was killed Wednesday in a sprint car accident at Bridgeport Speedway -- a dirt track in New Jersey. A trust fund has also been established for Leffler's 5-year-old son, Charlie Dean and, in ...
June 15, 2013 - SB Nation
- Bench press mark established by 91-year-old lifter
Bench press mark established by 91-year-old lifter
June 14, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Lance Armstrong in Mirror.co.uk
Armstrong's official site lancearmstrong.com said: "Yesterday's Wall Street Journal is full of false accusations and more of the same old news from Floyd Landis, a person with zero credibility and an established pattern of recanting tomorrow what he...
- Pope Benedict XVI in Irish Times
Then on March 19th there was the pope's letter to the Catholics of Ireland where, addressing the bishops directly, he said: "It cannot be denied that some of you and your predecessors failed, at times grievously, to apply the long-established norms...
- Bill Belichick in Tampa Tribune
From nearly the day he arrived in 2001, Richard Seymour established himself as one of our premier players for nearly a decade,Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Sunday.