disprove : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v prove to be false
The physicist disproved his colleagues' theories
- She returned to France to disprove rumors that her unwillingness to train hard had been behind her flurry of disappointing performances.
- Gates turned his company around in just one year to disprove the maxim that a leader of one revolution will be left behind by the next.
- That figure seems high, but it is impossible to disprove.
News & Articles
- Mariners 6, A's 3 (10 innings)
SEATTLE -- Raul Ibanez continued to disprove the skeptics, and Father Time, with two more home runs Sunday, but it was teammate Kendrys Morales who provided the one that really mattered.
June 23, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Experts: 'Trifecta of elements' disprove NTSB conclusion
Skeptics who have long theorized that TWA Flight 800 was brought down by sinister forces will get a fresh surge of energy when a new documentary attempts to disprove that the 1996 crash was accidental.
June 19, 2013 - WJXT Jacksonville
- Documentary aims to ‘break silence’ on crash of TWA Flight 800
A new documentary attempts to disprove that the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800 was accidental.
June 19, 2013 - WQAD Moline
- Lawrence Krauss in International Herald Tribune
They make such a point of trying to make it appear scientific,said Lawrence Krauss, a physics professor, author and critic of the museum. "Instead of shying away from those things that clearly disprove what they're trying to say, they use...
- Bipasha Basu in NDTV.com
When you think of a Kashmiri girl in our movies, what comes to mind is a fair-skinned, light-eyed girl. But I want to disprove that myth. The pre-conceived notions have to be overcome,Bipasha, whose performance in Bachna Ae Haseeno got her...
- Dhirubhai Ambani in Metro Canada - Calgary
It proves that we can disprove the naysayers of the world, who had written off India's ability to produce its own oil and gas,Ambani said yesterday.