establish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v set up or found
- v set up or lay the groundwork for
establish a new department
- v establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment
- v institute, enact, or establish
- v bring about
The trompe l'oeil-illusion establishes depth
- v place
- v build or establish something abstract
- v use as a basis for; found on
- It is intended to establish a new, firmer--a doctrinal--foundation for such support by declaring equally worthy all armed resistance to Communism, whether foreign or indigenously .
- Motherhood, the Stars and Stripes and God were equal parts of a lifelong strategy that would establish Metro Goldwyn Mayer as the industry's dominant film factory, from the silent .
- Lacking the vast charisma that enabled his brother to hold on to power for nearly a half-century, Ral can go one of two ways to establish his legitimacy: he can return to his .
News & Articles
- SSU, Penglai to establish wine academic partnership
Representatives from Sonoma State University will meet with the mayor of Penglai, China, Sun Yebao, today, June 14, to establish...
June 14, 2013 - The Community Voice
- Commission to review plans for Westfield museum
WESTFIELD — Plans to establish a museum detailing the industrial history of the city forged ahead as Westfield Museum Inc. (WMI). took the next step in the process.
June 14, 2013 - The Reminder
- United States and Czech Republic Establish a Joint Civil Nuclear Cooperation Center in Prague
June 12, 2013 United States and Czech Republic Establish a Joint Civil Nuclear Cooperation Center in Prague The U.S. Department of Energy recently joined with the U.S. Embassy in Prague and the Czech Republic’s Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports to sign an agreement that establishes a joint Civil Nuclear Cooperation Center in Prague
June 12, 2013 - U.S. Department of Energy
- Roza Otunbayeva in USA Today
We are engaged in a tough fight. After years of war, we have arrived at a critical moment. We must demonstrate to the Afghan people, and to the world, that Al Qaeda and its network of extremist allies will not be allowed to once again establish... David Petraeus http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Petraeus&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFjHEm6jiWNJZUKMDq-DzdIyN3nNw NATO Training Mission-Afghanistan (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ntm-a.com/news/1-categorynews/1039-gen-petraeus-assumes-command-of-isaf-&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH0Vo3V19ad2Ze_npBo1yD90_JXwg Jul 4, 2010
34188 43687 establish The situation in the Osh region has spun out of control," Otunbayeva told reporters. "Attempts to establish a dialogue have failed, and fighting and rampages are continuing. We need outside forces to quell confrontation."
- Patric Verrone in Xinhua
This was not a strike we wanted, but one we had to conduct in order to win jurisdiction and establish appropriate residuals for writing in new media and on the Internet,Verrone said through a statement released Tuesday evening.