- v make larger
She enlarged the flower beds
- v make large
- v become larger or bigger
- v add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing
- a (of an organ or body part) excessively enlarged as a result of increased size in the constituent cells
- s as of a photograph; made larger
the enlarged photograph revealed many details
- s larger than normal
- s enlarged to an abnormal degree
- She had had high blood pressure and an enlarged heart.
- Established in 1572 and enlarged for its 200th anniversary, Oksan Sowon was lucky to survive campaigns against Confucian schools throughout history.
- The Harvardmen X-rayed his head, found the sella turcica, which houses the pituitary, considerably enlarged.
News & Articles
- Auburn school board says hello, goodbye to board members
AUBURN | Tuesday night marked the last time that this group of board members, who have spent the past year together, working for the Auburn Enlarged City School District, would meet as one.
June 26, 2013 - The Auburn Citizen
- Waaam To Expand
The Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum announces that construction is under way on an expansion of its display buildings. The additional space will serve mainly for automobile related displays and an enlarged WAAAM SMART Kids Zone.
June 25, 2013 - Hood River News
- Philip Morris Fumes at Thailand Cigarette Pack Rules
‘We decided to enlarge the warning and picture because the number of new smokers is high and the age is younger,' Thailand's Deputy Health Minister Cholnan Srikaew, adding that he hoped the enlarged pictures 'will make new smokers rethink before they decide to smoke.’ ‘We decided to enlarge the warning and picture because the number of new smokers is high and the age is younger,' Thailand's ...
June 25, 2013 - Industry Week
- Robert Kennedy in WACH
Eulogizing his older brother, Sen. Edward Kennedy said, "My brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life; to be remembered simply as a good and decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and...
- Gordon Brown in guardian.co.uk
Mr Brown writes in his letter: "The reform treaty sets the framework to ensure that an enlarged EU can function well. This is the right time to bring to an end to this prolonged period of inward-looking institutional debate and focus all our efforts...
- George Washington in Bloomberg
Citizens of the United States,Washington wrote to the Jewish congregation in Rhode Island, "have a right to applaud themselves for giving to mankind examples of enlarged and liberal policy: a policy worthy of imitation."