- v increase in size, volume or significance
Her terror was magnified in her mind
- v to enlarge beyond bounds or the truth
- v make large
- s enlarged to an abnormal degree
- Primary colors take a backseat, and neutrals, Zen greens and black dominate the color palette in the suites, all of it magnified by those giant windows.
- Giuliani's steady decline in national polls, meanwhile, is magnified by surveys in the early battleground states.
- The molecule, magnified nearly 100,000,000 times (its actual size: one forty-millionth of an inch), is hexamethylbenzene, an organic compound derived from coal tar.
News & Articles
- Jaromir Jagr Screams to Heavens After Hitting Crossbar With Shot in Overtime (GIF)
Overtime hockey is a stressful affair, where every mistake and opportunity is magnified. Jaromir Jagr is certainly feeling that stress in Game 2, after he hit the crossbar just over a minute into overtime against the Chicago Blackhawks. After the near miss, Jagr — who hasn’t scored yet in the playoffs — let out his […]
June 16, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- The 10 Commandments for Incoming College Basketball Freshmen
The beginning of college is both an exciting and nerve-wracking time, whether you are a star basketball recruit or the chemistry department’s newest test tube expert. That being said, there are rules to follow. And chances are if you are on the basketball court in front of tens of thousands of people every game, your ability to follow (or not follow) those rules will be magnified a bit more than ...
June 16, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- US Open Golf Field 2013: Golfers to Watch on Moving Day at Merion
Saturday is known as "Moving Day" on the PGA Tour, and the majors are included in that tradition. It's the day players try to make a move to get themselves into position for a run at a victory on Sunday. The importance and stress of U.S. Open Saturday is magnified and makes for great drama. The players feel it and so do the fans. The following is a list of 10 players who merit watching Saturday ...
June 15, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Britney Spears in Melbourne Herald Sun
In a statement posted on her website, Spears said: "I probably did take my new-found freedom too far. ...... Every move I make at this point has been magnified more than I expected. Thank God for Victoria's Secrets' new underwear line!"
- Andy Pettitte in International Herald Tribune
It's part of playing here. Everything is somewhat magnified to a certain degree being here, and just some things you've got to deal with,said Pettitte, who planned to attend.
- Mike Scioscia in MiamiHerald.com
I think when your offense is struggling, as ours has, of course it puts a lot of pressure on your pitchers,said Angels manager Mike Scioscia. "Everything's going to be magnified."