- v draw more money from than is available
- v to enlarge beyond bounds or the truth
- Jimmy Carter defended his Budget Director and crony, Bert Lance, until Lance quit under charges that he had permitted relatives to overdraw their accounts in a bank he had headed.
- Banks make money when customers overdraw.
- If he hasn't, he is summoned to the bank managers' paneled chambers for a discreet chat, emerges knowing just how many pounds he may overdraw in the future.
News & Articles
- Survey: Las Vegas Has Second Highest Overdraft Fee Charges
The Las Vegas region is tied for second when it comes to how much banks and credit unions charge customers for overdrawing their checking account, according to a survey by Moebs Services. The median overdraft fee charged by local banks and credit unions
July 16, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Chris Dodd in New York Times
I'm not saying consumers should get a free ride if they overdraw,Mr. Dodd added. "But they should have a choice whether or not they want to participate."
- Sheila Dikshit in Expressindia.com
Besides, Delhi is also being allowed to overdraw a certain amount of power from the Northern Grid as well,Dikshit added.
- Rich Brooks in Atlanta Journal Constitution
It's kind of like if you've got money in the bank you can withdraw only so much,Brooks said of Pulley. "If you overdraw you've got a real problem