drink : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a single serving of a beverage
I asked for a hot drink
likes a drink before dinner
- n the act of drinking alcoholic beverages to excess
drink was his downfall
- n any liquid suitable for drinking
- n any large deep body of water
he jumped into the drink and had to be rescued
- n the act of swallowing
he took a drink of his beer and smacked his lips
- v take in liquids
The patient must drink several liters each day
The children like to drink soda
- v consume alcohol
We were up drinking all night
- v propose a toast to
Let's drink to the New Year
- v be fascinated or spell-bound by; pay close attention to
The mother drinks in every word of her son on the stage
- v drink excessive amounts of alcohol; be an alcoholic
The husband drinks and beats his wife
- PRODUCT Boba, a smoothie-type drink with chewy tapioca pieces in it HOW IT STARTED First popular in Taiwan, migrated to Canada and spread to trendy spots on the West.
- Do Jews really drink less than other people? And if so, why? The Yale Center of Alcohol Studies last week offered some answers.
- Jimmy Carter has announced that he will serve nothing stronger than wine when he moves into the White House this week, and he drinks only an occasional Scotch.
News & Articles
- Verve Energy Drink: Review Examining Veema's Healthy Drink Revealed
Verve energy drink reviews have been flooding the Internet and HealthAvenger.com reveals the truth about Veema's drink that claims to be an insanely healthy energy drink. (PRWeb June 21, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/verve-energy-drink/reviews/prweb10854209.htm
June 21, 2013 - PRWeb
- Energy Drink Marketing Halt Sought by Lawmakers
Several Democrats critical of the energy drink industry seized on a decision by the American Medical Association opposing marketing the beverages to children Wednesday.
June 19, 2013 - CQ Politics
- Drink NYC Hosts Launch Party to Celebrate New Site
The Drink Nation's launch party for new site nyc.thedrinknation.com will be Wednesday, June 19 and feature discounted Sixpoint beers all night. The new site will list the best bars in NYC and other nightlife information. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/drink_NYC/new-site-launch/prweb10841958.htm
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Lance Armstrong in The Associated Press
Landis' credibility is like a carton of sour milk: once you take the first sip, you don't have to drink the rest to know it has all gone bad,Armstrong said in a statement.
- Roger Ebert in USA Today
The food and drink I can do without easily,Ebert wrote. "The jokes, gossip, laughs, arguments and shared memories I miss."
- Gordon B Hinckley in Forbes
The more people come to know us, the better they will understand us,Hinckley said in an interview with The Associated Press in late 2005. "We're a little different. We don't smoke. We don't drink. We do things in a little different way....