- n a punch made of sweetened ale or wine heated with spices and roasted apples; especially at Christmas
- v celebrate noisily, often indulging in drinking; engage in uproarious festivities
- v propose a toast to
- Here's to dear old Yale She's so hearty and so hale, Drink her down, drink her down, Drink her down, down, down! Celebrated in song and story is Yale's interest in the wassail.
- This potion the Book-of-the-Month Club has chosen for its New Year's wassail.
- These knights do not curse and hold wassail; they do not devote themselves to the performance of high-flown absurdities in the interests of their ladies, brawl with one .
News & Articles
- Wassail Feast to be held December 7
GRAND BLANC — The Song of the Lakes Sweet Adelines Second Annual Christmas Wassail Feast to be held in Grand Blanc on Dec. 7. The some 30 chorus members and audience are from the Greater Flint Area and the chorus is directed by Maria Christian. read more
Nov. 14, 2013 - The Burton View