drinking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of consuming liquids
- n the act of drinking alcoholic beverages to excess
- v take in liquids
- v consume alcohol
We were up drinking all night
- v propose a toast to
- v be fascinated or spell-bound by; pay close attention to
- v drink excessive amounts of alcohol; be an alcoholic
- Women and Drinking: Women On a Binge .
- A campaign to outlaw rowdy drinking games at colleges and in towns is growing, even targeting the video-game industry.
- As a college drinking game goes mainstream, young fans are calling it a sport while some campuses and towns consider it a danger.
- Robin van Persie in ESPN
I spoke to two friends of mine in Rotterdam and they were trying to explain what it is like,Van Persie said. "Holland is just upside down. It is unbelievable. Everybody is drinking, having fun, swimming in the canals. It is crazy. Everyone...
- Harry Redknapp in BBC Sport
I'll implement a strong rule next season that drinking is a no-no here,Redknapp told the Sun newspaper.
- Donna Shalala in TIME
I remember college campuses when we had 18-year-old drinking ages, and I honestly believe we've made some progress,Shalala said in a telephone interview. "To just shift it back down to the high schools makes no sense at all."