done : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v engage in
- v carry out or perform an action
- v get (something) done
- v proceed or get along
- v give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
- v carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions
- v be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity
- v create or design, often in a certain way
- v behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
- v spend time in prison or in a labor camp
- v carry on or function
- v arrange attractively
- v travel or traverse (a distance)
- s having finished or arrived at completion
certain to make history before he's done
it's a done deed
- s cooked until ready to serve
- According to polling done by Rasmussen released on January 25, Clinton led Obama by 15 points, 43% to 28%.
- While they are getting a lot done, they are getting it done in such an inefficient way that they usually have to do it again.
- He'd done it, so I clearly remember thinking: it can be done.
News & Articles
- Beckett done for year
Beckett done for year
June 30, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Wife's Refusal To Quit Smoking Begins To Cloud Her Marriage
DEAR ABBY: My husband and I have been married for eight years. When we married, we both drank and smoked. My husband quit smoking five years ago, and I have continued to smoke off and on. If he catches me with a cigarette it becomes an argument, and it's either I quit or we're done!I love my husband, but I find it difficult to be honest about this. I don't see the big deal if I smoke a cigarette ...
June 30, 2013 - Dear Abby via Yahoo! News
- RNC chairman Priebus says GOP has done 'lousy' job reaching out to Latinos
The chairman of the Republican National Committee told a gathering of the nation’s Latino public officials Saturday that the GOP has done a “lousy” job reaching out to their community, but pledged that a new outreach campaign shows “we want to earn your trust, and your vote.”
June 29, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Alan Duncan in Mirror.co.uk
As he sipped a glass of wine on the Commons terrace, Mr Duncan said: "No one who has done anything in the outside world, or is capable of doing such a thing, will ever come into this place (the Commons) ever again, the way we are going. Basically,...
- Bob Bradley in The Associated Press
A stinging, tough defeat,Bradley said. "We knew Ghana was a good team and we didn't get the job done."