- s having finished or arrived at completion
after the treatment, the patient is through except for follow-up
almost through with his studies
- s (of a route or journey etc.) continuing without requiring stops or changes
a through street
a through bus
- r from beginning to end
read this book through
- r over the whole distance
this bus goes through to New York
- r to completion
think this through very carefully!
- r in diameter
this cylinder measures 15 inches through
- r throughout the entire extent
got soaked through in the rain
I'm frozen through
a letter shot through with the writer's personality
knew him through and through
boards rotten through and through
- But men-about-town who have already seen the see-through blouse at private cocktail and dinner parties report that, while the first encounter is a head-snapper, repeated exposure .
- Working one's way through college is an honored part of the American dream.
- Certain products that you purchase andor download on or through the Web Site may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such purchase or .
News & Articles
- Train Plows Through Flash Mudslide Like It Don't Care
A train passing through the Broye district in Switzerland encountered a flash mudslide caused by heavy rains. Did the mud stop the train? Hell no! The train just plowed right on through. Well, it stopped after making it past the mud (presumable to check for damage) but then went on its way. The cars that tried the same did not fare so well. The fate of the classic car also featured in this video ...
June 12, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Thousands march through Moscow in support of anti-Putin protesters jailed for more than a year
MOSCOW — Thousands of Russian opposition activists are marching through Moscow decrying President Vladimir Putin's authoritarian rule and calling for the release of people they consider political prisoners.
June 12, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- U.S. Bank ATMs Accepting Donations Through June 17 for American Red Cross Relief Efforts
U.S. Bank customers have through Monday, June 17 to make donations to the American Red Cross at more than 2,000 U.S. Bank ATMs in 25 states to support victims of the devastating tornadoes that hit Oklahoma and other states last month.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- David Villa in The Canadian Press
It was one of my best goals because it got us through to the next round,Villa said. "Keep scoring so we can keep going."
- Barack Obama in Sydney Morning Herald
We've seen what happens when there's inadequate oversight and insufficient transparency on Wall Street,he said. "The reforms making their way through Congress will hold Wall Street accountable so we can help prevent another financial...
- Bertrand Piccard in Only Kent (blog)
Andre Borschsberg and Bertrand Piccard run the Solar Impulse team and Mr Piccard told journalists, "It's the first time ever that a [manned] solar airplane has flown through the night. That was the moment that proved the mission was successful, we...