- n a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- n American chemist who with Richard Smalley and Harold Kroto discovered fullerenes and opened a new branch of chemistry (born in 1933)
- n a strand or cluster of hair
- v form a curl, curve, or kink
the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling
- v shape one's body into a curl
She curled farther down under the covers
- v wind around something in coils or loops
- v twist or roll into coils or ringlets
curl my hair, please
- v play the Scottish game of curling
- This was Jay Chou Chieh-lun's world back then, a crawl space where he would curl up and crash between sessions, where he would dream and then redream his melodies and lyrics, where .
- The hundreds of sharply tapered synthetic fibers that pad the bot's four appendages replicate the gecko's fancy footwork, including an elegant toe-curl release, to climb glass .
- Some of these stretching moves can be done alone and others with a partner whom you'd enlist to, say, pull your fist away from you as you work to pull it in during a bicep curl.
News & Articles
- nuNAAT Launches Real Me Haircare Collection
To compliment and enhance natural curl and texture, finding the right combination of products to create a personalized haircare regimen is essential. In July 2013, nuNAAT will launch a collection of paraben- and sulfate-free haircare products developed to meet the unique needs of women with curly, coily, or kinky hair. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases ...
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Playbook Parable: Manu Ginobili Isolation
Categories: Features , Playbook Parable Tags: Manu Ginobili , Miami Heat , nba finals , Playbook Parable , San Antonio Spurs Walter’s laying down by my feet, curled up on the once-red carpet now littered with his golden fur. This is what it’s like for him... ( Read more... )
June 17, 2013 - Hardwood Paroxysm
- Superman’s Jewish roots inspire
He didn’t look Jewish. Not with his perfect pug nose, electric blue eyes and a boyish spit curl that suggested Anglo as well as Saxon.
June 14, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Mike Wallace in CNNMoney.com
I've often replied, when asked, 'I'll retire when my toes turn up',Wallace said in a statement. "Well, they're just beginning to curl a trifle, which means that, as I approach my 88th birthday, it's become apparent to me that my eyes and...
- Brad Gushue in Toronto Star
On that type of shot you can't really use the backing,said Gushue, a St. John's, NL, native and reigning Olympic gold medallist. "If you throw weight to get to the backing it's not going to curl which is what happened. I really just had to...
- Takagi in INQ7.net
The coating did not have enough adhesive strength, so it may peel off and curl up, hurting a user's hand,said Sony spokeswoman Ryoko Takagi.